1) When trying to Print Financial Statements the following error appears:
Initializing FR Error (12): Fail in starting Print Financial Statements
2) When using Statement Designer and going to FR View, nothing happens. The FR View screen does not open.
This problem with Financial Reporter is caused by a Microsoft update to Office 2016. Steps to resolve the issue are:
1) go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\SystemX86 and find the MSCOMCTL.ocx file.
2) Rename this file to MSCOMCTL.orig.
3) Then go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and find the MSCOMCTL.ocx file in that folder and copy it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\SystemX86 folder.
The FR View function will now be accessible in Statement Designer and the Print Financial Statements function will run as per usual.
These steps will need to be performed on each workstation or server where Sage is installed.
If you would like assistance with the above fix, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you.