How to pay accrued vacation for an employee?
- Create a timecard for the employee
- Select the accrual code for the vacation to be paid.
- Select the value in the Type column as Payment.
- Enter the number of hours in the Hours column, and the rate or the total amount to be paid (depending on the accrual method) in the Rate/Amt/Pct column.
- If this vacation amount is to be paid on a separate cheque from the employee's regular pay, put a check in the box for the Print a Separate Cheque option.
- Run Calculate Payroll.
- Print the Pre-check Register Report to confirm the figures.
- Click on Payroll Checks to print the checks and post the batch.