The following error may occur when a client workstation connects to a Sage 300 company:
"There are no installed organizations."
The Windows user account may not have full permissions to the Sage 300 'Shared Data Folders'.
- Find the location of the Shared Data files by clicking on Help / System Information on a working copy of Sage 300
- You can also find this information in the registry in HKLM\Software\Wow6432node\Accpac International, Inc.\ACCPAC\Configuration
- Browse to this Shared Data location using Windows Explorer
- Right-click on the Sage 300 'Shared data folder' and select Properties
- Click on the Security tab
- Verify that the Domain/user name is displayed in the Group or user names window
- Highlight the affected user, and check the Permissions grid. Ensure that 'Full Control' is selected for the user and that they have access to Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read, and Write.
- You can test this by creating and deleting a folder or text file under the shared data folder
If a"permission denied" message appears, you will need to increase permissions for the affected user(s). A requirement for Sage 300 ERP installations is that Windows user accounts need to have full permissions on the Sage 300 Programs folder and Shared Data folders.