How to remove old entries entered in the initial 'open items' screen of bank reconciliation at the time of setup.
Once the first bank reconciliation has been completed, these entries cannot be removed. A journal entry to reverse the old check will need to be created.
- Go to General Ledger from the top navigation bar.
- Click Journal Entry.
- Find the correct journal and click 'View Transactions'.
- Click 'Add'.
- Enter the necessary information to reverse the original open item.
- Click Submit or Post depending on your GL configuration.
Once the entry is created, return to the bank reconciliation:
- Go to Cash Management from the top navigation bar.
- Click 'Reconcile Bank'.
- Enter the necessary information.
- Click 'Continue'.
Once in the bank reconciliation screen, select (clear) the old check and the newly created journal entry to zero the two out and remove them from your outstanding items in bank reconciliation.