The following error may occur when opening a company:
"You do not have a license to use this product."
This may be caused by a Windows user account that has insufficient rights to the Sage 300 Shared Data directory and Sage cannot read the license files.
- Check the Sage 300 Shared Data directory path in the registry, HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ACCPAC International, Inc.\ACCPAC\Configuration
- Confirm that this is the same location displayed in the registry from a workstation(s) that can open a company successfully
- Check the user permissions for the Sage 300 Shared Data directory. Windows user accounts must have full access to the folders and sub-folders.
- Right-click on the Sage 300 'Shared data folder' and select Properties
- Click on the Security tab
- Verify that the Domain/user name is displayed in the Group or user names window
- Highlight the affected user, and check the Permissions grid. Ensure that 'Full Control' is selected for the user and that they have access to Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read, and Write.
- Note: The above steps have resolved a majority of these issues. In some cases there is a second registry key in the HKCU\Software\ACCPAC INTERNATIONAL, INC. that is causing the error.