When attempting to log into Sage 300 ERP the following message is displayed:
Cannot find required system data files.
Make sure that the SharedData entry in the Windows Registry specifies the drive and directory containing the SITE, USER, and COMPANY subdirectories.
The above message may also be accompanied by the message below, where ServerName is the name of the server the Sage 300 Share is on, and Sage300ShareName is the name of the Sage 300 Share. These names will vary from system to system.
The Windows user account may not have full permissions to the Sage 300 'Shared Data Folders'. A requirement for Sage 300 ERP installations is that Windows user accounts need to have full permissions on the Sage 300 Programs folder and Shared Data folders.
- Find the location of the Shared Data files by clicking on Help / System Information on a working copy of Sage 300
- You can also find this information in the registry for a 64 bit machine here: HKLM\Software\Wow6432node\Accpac International, Inc.\ACCPAC\Configuration, or for a 32 bit machine here: HKLM\Software\Accpac International, Inc.\ACCPAC\Configuration
- Browse to this Shared Data location using Windows Explorer
- Right-click on the Sage 300 'Shared data folder' and select Properties
- Click on the Security tab
- Verify that the Domain/user name is displayed in the Group or user names window
- Highlight the affected user, and check the Permissions grid. Ensure that 'Full Control' is selected for the user and that they have access to Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read, and Write.